Perhaps one has to be very old before one learns to be amused rather than shocked.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore they attempt the impossible — and achieve it, generation after generation.
- The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration.
- If you want to understand today, you have to search yesterday.
- To serve is beautiful, but only if it is done with joy and a whole heart and a free mind.
- Men would rather be starving and free than fed in bonds.
- Praise out of season, or tactlessly bestowed, can freeze the heart as much as blame.