It is not by the gray of the hair that one knows the age of the heart.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- We should so provide for old age that it may have no urgent wants of this world to absorb it from meditation on the next. It is awful to see the lean hands of dotage making a coffer of the grave.
- A good heart is better than all the heads in the world.
- We tell our triumphs to the crowds, but our own hearts are the sole confidants of our sorrows.
- Bu is a word that cools many a warm impulse, stifles many a kindly thought, puts a dead stop to many a brotherly deed. No one would ever love his neighbor as himself if he listened to all the Buts that could be said.
- The pen is mightier than the sword.
- There is nothing so agonizing to the fine skin of vanity as the application of a rough truth.