How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Travel and society polish one, but a rolling stone gathers no moss, and a little moss is a good thing on a man.
- For anything worth having one must pay the price; and the price is always work, patience, love, self-sacrifice — no paper currency, no promises to pay, but the gold of real service.
- Temperament lies behind mood; behind will, lies the fate of character. Then behind both, the influence of family the tyranny of culture; and finally the power of climate and environment; and we are free, only to the extent we rise above these.
- The lure of the distant and the difficult is deceptive. The great opportunity is where you are.
- One may summon his philosophy when they are beaten in battle, not till then.
- Life is a struggle, but not a warfare.