Thirty was so strange for me. I’ve really had to come to terms with the fact that I am now a walking and talking adult. [Reflecting on his former status as a teen idol]
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I’m at the age where food has taken the place of sex in my life. In fact, I’ve just had a mirror put over my kitchen table.
- Preparation for old age should begin not later than one’s teens. A life which is empty of purpose until 65 will not suddenly become filled on retirement.
- Thirty — the promise of a decade of loneliness, a thinning list of single men to know, a thinning brief-case of enthusiasm, thinning hair.
- At twenty a man is a peacock, at thirty a lion, at forty a camel, at fifty a serpent, at sixty a dog, at seventy an ape, at eighty a nothing at all.
- But it’s hard to be hip over thirty when everyone else is nineteen, when the last dance we learned was the Lindy, and the last we heard, girls who looked like Barbara Streisand were trying to do something about it.
- In my twenties, my pleasures tended to be physical. In my thirties, my pleasures tended to be intellectual. I can’t say which was more exquisite.