Youth is a blunder, manhood is a struggle and old age a regret.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- News is that which comes from the North, East, West and South, and if it comes from only one point on the compass, then it is a class ; publication and not news.
- How very seldom do you encounter in the world a man of great abilities, acquirements, experience, who will unmask his mind, unbutton his brains, and pour forth in careless and picturesque phrase all the results of his studies and observation; his knowledge of men, books, and nature. On the contrary, if a man has by any chance an original idea, he hoards it as if it were old gold; and rather avoids the subject with which he is most conversant, from fear that you may appropriate his best thoughts.
- To be conscience that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge.
- A university should be a place of light, of liberty, and of learning.
- A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
- A precedent embalms a principle.