We do not count a man’s years until he has nothing else to count.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Nature is full of freaks, and now puts an old head on young shoulders, and then takes a young heart heating under fourscore winters.
- The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.
- The measure of a great leader, is their success in bringing everyone around to their opinion twenty years later.
- The measure of a master is his success in bringing all men around to his opinion twenty years later.
- We are shut up in schools and college recitation rooms for ten or fifteen years, and come out at last with a belly-full of words and do not know a thing. The things taught in schools and colleges are not an education, but the means of education.
- Never read any book that is not a year old.