We do not count a man’s years until he has nothing else to count.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Nature is full of freaks, and now puts an old head on young shoulders, and then takes a young heart heating under fourscore winters.
- One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive hour. Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. No man has learned anything rightly, until he knows that every day is Doomsday.
- The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.
- The measure of a great leader, is their success in bringing everyone around to their opinion twenty years later.
- The measure of a master is his success in bringing all men around to his opinion twenty years later.
- We are shut up in schools and college recitation rooms for ten or fifteen years, and come out at last with a belly-full of words and do not know a thing. The things taught in schools and colleges are not an education, but the means of education.