It really costs me a lot emotionally to watch myself on-screen. I think of myself, and feel like I’m quite young, and then I look at this old man with the baggy chins and the tired eyes and the receding hairline and all that.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Have you not a moist eye, a dry hand, a yellow cheek, a white beard, a decreasing leg, an increasing belly? Is not your voice broken, your wind short, your chin double, your wit single, and every part about you blasted with antiquity?
- I’m saving that rocker for the day when I feel as old as I really am.
- I’m not interested in age. People who tell me their age are silly. You’re as old as you feel.
- Whenever a man’s friends begin to compliment him about looking young, he may be sure that they think he is growing old.
- An old young man, will be a young old man.
- A man ninety years old was asked to what he attributed his longevity. I reckon, he said, with a twinkle in his eye, it because most nights I went to bed and slept when I should have sat up and worried.