There are only three ages for women in Hollywood–Babe, District Attorney, and Driving Miss Daisy.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Men of age object too much, consult too long, adventure too little, repent too soon, and seldom drive business home to the full period, but content themselves with a mediocrity of success.
- People of age object too much, consult too long, adventure too little, repent too soon and seldom drive business home to it’s conclusion, but content themselves with a mediocrity of success.
- Few women, I fear, have had such reason as I have to think the long sad years of youth were worth living for the sake of middle age.
- Thirty-five is a very attractive age. London society is full of women of the highest birth who have, of their own free choice, remained thirty-five for years.
- I’m 65 and I guess that puts me in with the geriatrics. But if there were fifteen months in every year, I’d only be 48. That’s the trouble with us. We number everything. Take women, for example. I think they deserve to have more than twelve years between the ages of 28 and 40.
- Age-based retirement arbitrarily severs productive persons from their livelihood, squanders their talents, scars their health, strains an already overburdened Social Security system, and drives many elderly people into poverty and despair. Ageism is as odious as racism and sexism.