In my twenties, my pleasures tended to be physical. In my thirties, my pleasures tended to be intellectual. I can’t say which was more exquisite.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment.
- At twenty a man is a peacock, at thirty a lion, at forty a camel, at fifty a serpent, at sixty a dog, at seventy an ape, at eighty a nothing at all.
- In the name of Hypocrites, doctors have invented the most exquisite form of torture ever known to man: survival.
- But it’s hard to be hip over thirty when everyone else is nineteen, when the last dance we learned was the Lindy, and the last we heard, girls who looked like Barbara Streisand were trying to do something about it.
- Thirty — the promise of a decade of loneliness, a thinning list of single men to know, a thinning brief-case of enthusiasm, thinning hair.
- Thirty was so strange for me. I’ve really had to come to terms with the fact that I am now a walking and talking adult. [Reflecting on his former status as a teen idol]