Few people know how to be old.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Old men are fond of giving good advice to console themselves for their inability to give bad examples.
- Old age is a tyrant, who forbids, under pain of death, the pleasures of youth.
- There are people who in spite of their merit disgust us, and others who please us in spite of their faults.
- We would frequently be ashamed of our good deeds if people saw all of the motives that produced them.
- Weak people cannot be sincere.
- We seldom find people ungrateful so long as it is thought we can serve them.