No one grows old by living. Only by losing interest in living.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand — and melting like a snowflake.
- Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough.
- Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals.
- To know how to grow old is the master work of wisdom, and one of the most difficult chapters in the great art of living.
- Except ye become as little children, except you can wake on your fiftieth birthday with the same forward-looking excitement and interest in life that you enjoyed when you were five, ye cannot enter the kingdom of God. One must not only die daily, but every day we must be born again.
- The excess of our youth are checks written against our age and they are payable with interest thirty years later.