Every man over forty is a scoundrel.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Old men are dangerous: it doesn’t matter to them what is going to happen to the world.
- You must not suppose, because I am a man of letters, that I never tried to earn an honest living.
- Nothing makes a man so selfish as work.
- The only way for a woman to provide for herself decently is for her to be good to some man that can afford to be good to her.
- A man of my spiritual intensity does not eat corpses.
- A man who has no office to go to — I don’t care who he is — is a trial of which you can have no conception.