None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The youth gets together his materials to build a bridge to the moon, or, perchance, a palace or temple on the earth, and, at length, the middle-aged man concludes to build a woodshed with them.
- As for the pyramids, there is nothing to wonder at in them so much as the fact that so many men could be found degraded enough to spend their lives constructing a tomb for some ambitious booby, whom it would have been wiser and manlier to have drowned in the Nile, and then given his body to the dogs.
- It takes two to speak truth — one to speak, and another to hear.
- As if you could kill time without injuring eternity.
- I would give all the wealth of the world, and all the deeds of all the heroes, for one true vision.
- The stars are the apexes of what triangles!