Let us not be too particular; it is better to have old secondhand diamonds than none at all.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The older we grow the greater becomes our wonder at how much ignorance one can contain without bursting one’s clothes.
- Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen.
- Methuselah lived to be 969 years old . You boys and girls will see more in the next fifty years than Methuselah saw in his whole lifetime.
- When your friends begin to flatter you on how young you look, it’s a sure sign you’re getting old.
- I am admonished in many ways that time is pushing me inexorably along. I am approaching the threshold of age; in 1977 I shall be 142. This is no time to be flitting about the earth. I must cease from the activities proper to youth and begin to take on the dignities and gravities and inertia proper to that season of honorable senility which is on its way.
- I do not like work even when someone else does it.