Methuselah lived to be 969 years old . You boys and girls will see more in the next fifty years than Methuselah saw in his whole lifetime.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen.
- Let us not be too particular; it is better to have old secondhand diamonds than none at all.
- The older we grow the greater becomes our wonder at how much ignorance one can contain without bursting one’s clothes.
- When your friends begin to flatter you on how young you look, it’s a sure sign you’re getting old.
- I am admonished in many ways that time is pushing me inexorably along. I am approaching the threshold of age; in 1977 I shall be 142. This is no time to be flitting about the earth. I must cease from the activities proper to youth and begin to take on the dignities and gravities and inertia proper to that season of honorable senility which is on its way.
- Stars are good too. I wish I could get some to put in my hair. But I suppose I never can. You would be surprised to find how far off they are, for they do not look it. When they first showed last night I tried to knock some down with a pole, but it didn’t reach, which astonished me. Then I tried clods till I was all tired out, but I never got one. I did make some close shots, for I saw the black blot of the clod sail right into thee midst of the golden clusters forty or fifty times, just barely missing them, and if I could’ve held out a little longer, maybe I could’ve got one.