The older we grow the greater becomes our wonder at how much ignorance one can contain without bursting one’s clothes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Let us not be too particular; it is better to have old secondhand diamonds than none at all.
- Methuselah lived to be 969 years old . You boys and girls will see more in the next fifty years than Methuselah saw in his whole lifetime.
- I am admonished in many ways that time is pushing me inexorably along. I am approaching the threshold of age; in 1977 I shall be 142. This is no time to be flitting about the earth. I must cease from the activities proper to youth and begin to take on the dignities and gravities and inertia proper to that season of honorable senility which is on its way.
- Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen.
- When your friends begin to flatter you on how young you look, it’s a sure sign you’re getting old.
- Biographies are but the clothes and buttons of the man. The biography of the man himself cannot be written.