The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- No woman should ever be quite accurate about her age. It looks so calculating.
- Thirty-five is a very attractive age. London society is full of women of the highest birth who have, of their own free choice, remained thirty-five for years.
- I delight in men over seventy. They always offer one the devotion of a lifetime.
- The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything, and the young know everything.
- There is only one real tragedy in a woman’s life. The fact that her past is always her lover, and her future invariably her husband.
- It often happens that the real tragedies of life occur in such an inartistic manner that they hurt us by their crude violence, their absolute incoherence, their absurd want of meaning, their entire lack of style.