No woman should ever be quite accurate about her age. It looks so calculating.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.
- Thirty-five is a very attractive age. London society is full of women of the highest birth who have, of their own free choice, remained thirty-five for years.
- I delight in men over seventy. They always offer one the devotion of a lifetime.
- One should never trust a woman who tells her real age. If she tells that, she’ll tell anything.
- To give an accurate description of what has never occurred is not merely the proper occupation of the historian, but the inalienable privilege of any man of parts and culture.
- Each of the professions means a prejudice. The necessity for a career forces every one to take sides. We live in the age of the overworked, and the under-educated; the age in which people are so industrious that they become absolutely stupid.