We do not quite forgive a giver. The hand that feeds us is in some danger of being bitten.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- One lesson we learn early, that in spite of seeming difference, men are all of one pattern. We readily assume this with our mates, and are disappointed and angry if we find that we are premature, and that their watches are slower than ours. In fact, the only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion.
- When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers.
- The wise man in the storm prays to God, not for safety from danger, but for deliverance from fear.
- As soon as there is life there is danger.
- The most dangerous thing is illusion.
- The glory of friendship is not in the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is in the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to trust him.