We do not quite forgive a giver. The hand that feeds us is in some danger of being bitten.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The proverb warns; Don’t bite the hand that feeds you. But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself.
- The only sin that we never forgive in each other is a difference in opinion.
- One ought never to turn one’s back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half. Never run away from anything. Never!
- One lesson we learn early, that in spite of seeming difference, men are all of one pattern. We readily assume this with our mates, and are disappointed and angry if we find that we are premature, and that their watches are slower than ours. In fact, the only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion.
- When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers.
- As soon as there is life there is danger.