We do not quite forgive a giver. The hand that feeds us is in some danger of being bitten.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- One lesson we learn early, that in spite of seeming difference, men are all of one pattern. We readily assume this with our mates, and are disappointed and angry if we find that we are premature, and that their watches are slower than ours. In fact, the only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion.
- The wise man in the storm prays to God, not for safety from danger, but for deliverance from fear.
- The most dangerous thing is illusion.
- If a man sits down to think, he is immediately asked if has a headache.
- A man’s wife has more power over him than the state has.
- To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.