Never reach out your hand unless you’re willing to extend an arm.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- To give aid to every poor man is far beyond the reach and power of every man. Care of the poor is incumbent on society as a whole.
- The proverb warns; Don’t bite the hand that feeds you. But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself.
- We do not quite forgive a giver. The hand that feeds us is in some danger of being bitten.
- It is an eternal obligation toward the human being not to let him suffer from hunger when one has a chance of coming to his assistance.
- The needs of a human being are sacred. Their satisfaction cannot be subordinated either to reasons of state, or to any consideration of money, nationality, race, or color, or to the moral or other value attributed to the human being in question, or to any consideration whatsoever.
- A man cannot be made comfortable without his own approval.