Wine is a mocker, and strong drink is raging; and who is deceived by it is not wise.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Forsake not an old friend, for the new is not comparable unto him. A new friend is as new wine: when it is old thou shalt drink it with pleasure.
- The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. [Ecclesiastes 9:11]
- A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things. [Ecclesiastes 10:19]
- There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labor. [Ecclesiastes 2:24]
- The first wrote, wine is the strongest. The second wrote, the king is strongest. The third wrote, women are strongest: but above all things truth beareth away the victory. [Esdras 3:10]
- A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city: and their contentions are like the bars of a castle. [Proverbs 18:19]