They make much of our drinking, but never think of our thirst.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The greatest poem is not that which is most skillfully constructed, but that in which there is the most poetry.
- If I remember right there are five excuses for drinking: the visit of a guest, present thirst, future thirst, the goodness of the wine, and any other excuse you choose!
- I drink to make other people interesting.
- It provokes the desire but it takes away the performance. Therefore much drink may be said to be an equivocator with lechery: it makes him and it mars him; it sets him on and it takes him off.
- I only drink to make other people seem more interesting.
- I made a commitment to completely cut out drinking and anything that might hamper me from getting my mind and body together. And the floodgates of goodness have opened upon me-spiritually and financially.