Macduff: What three things does drink especially provoke? Porter: Marry, sir, nose-painting, sleep, and urine.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I told you, sir, they were red-hot with drinking; so full of valor that they smote the air, for breathing in their faces, beat the ground for kissing of their feet.
- Don’t trust the person who has broken faith once.
- It provokes the desire but it takes away the performance. Therefore much drink may be said to be an equivocator with lechery: it makes him and it mars him; it sets him on and it takes him off.
- O thou invisible spirit of wine, if thou hast no name to be known by, let us call thee devil.
- Some men there are love not a gaping pig, some that are mad if they behold a cat, and others when the bagpipe sings I the nose cannot contain their urine.
- A good old man, sir. He will be talking. As they say, when the age is in, the wit is out.