O God, that men should put an enemy in their mouths to steal away their brains! That we should with joy, pleasance, revel, and applause transform ourselves into beasts!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Don’t trust the person who has broken faith once.
- O thou invisible spirit of wine, if thou hast no name to be known by, let us call thee devil.
- I told you, sir, they were red-hot with drinking; so full of valor that they smote the air, for breathing in their faces, beat the ground for kissing of their feet.
- Macduff: What three things does drink especially provoke? Porter: Marry, sir, nose-painting, sleep, and urine.
- It provokes the desire but it takes away the performance. Therefore much drink may be said to be an equivocator with lechery: it makes him and it mars him; it sets him on and it takes him off.
- Had I but served my God with half the zeal I served my King, He would not in mine age have left me naked to mine enemies.