As he was valiant, I honor him. But as he was ambitious, I slew him.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Don’t trust the person who has broken faith once.
- Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
- The very substance of the ambitious is merely the shadow of a dream.
- Cowards die a thousand deaths. The valiant taste of death but once.
- That’s a valiant flea that dares eat his breakfast on the lip of a lion.
- I will name you the degrees. The first, the Retort Courteous; the second, the Quip Modest; the third, the Reply Churlish; the fourth, the Reproof Valiant; the fifth, the Countercheck Quarrelsome; the sixth, the Lie with Circumstance; the seventh, the Lie Direct.