Ambition is the last refuge of failure.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Work is a refuge of people who have nothing better to do.
- Crying is the refuge of plain women but the ruin of pretty ones.
- People who love only once in their lives are shallow people. What they call their loyalty, and their fidelity, I call either the lethargy of custom or their lack of imagination. Faithfulness is to the emotional life what consistency is to the life of the intellect — simply a confession of failures.
- As a wicked man I am a complete failure. Why, there are lots of people who say I have never really done anything wrong in the whole course of my life. Of course they only say it behind my back.
- His style is chaos illumined by flashes of lightning. As a writer he has mastered everything except language.
- Work is the curse of the drinking class.