It is not the voice that commands the story: it is the ear.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there. Myth is nourished by silence as well as by words.
- The ideal place for me is the one in which it is most natural to live as a foreigner.
- Novels as dull as dishwater, with the grease of random sentiments floating on top.
- In love, as in gluttony, pleasure is a matter of the utmost precision.
- What Romantic terminology called genius or talent or inspiration is nothing other than finding the right road empirically, following one’s nose, taking shortcuts.
- The human race is a zone of living things that should be defined by tracing its confines.