Your tale, sir, would cure deafness.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Don’t trust the person who has broken faith once.
- The will is deaf and hears no heedful friends.
- ‘Tis but an hour ago since it was nine, and after one hour more twill be eleven. And so from hour to hour we ripe and ripe, and then from hour to hour we rot and rot. and thereby hangs a tale.
- My conscience hath a thousand several tongues, and every tongue brings in a several tale, and every tale condemns me for a villain.
- A good old man, sir. He will be talking. As they say, when the age is in, the wit is out.
- Lord Bacon told Sir Edward Coke when he was boasting, The less you speak of your greatness, the more shall I think of it.