The history of a soldier’s wound beguiles the pain of it.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Pain and pleasure, like light and darkness, succeed each other.
- People who overly take care of their health are like misers. They hoard up a treasure which they never enjoy.
- ‘Tis no extravagant arithmetic to say, that for every ten jokes, thou hast got an hundred enemies; and till thou hast gone on, and raised a swarm of wasps about thine ears, and art half stung to death by them, thou wilt never be convinced it is so.
- Nothing is so perfectly amusing as a total change of ideas.
- So long as a man rides his Hobby-Horse peaceably and quietly along the King’s highway, and neither compels you or me to get up behind him — pray, Sir, what have either you or I to do with it?
- A large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life, by him who interests his heart in everything.