Scornful men bring a city into a snare, but wise men turn away wrath. [Proverbs 29:8]
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A soft answer truth away wrath, but grievous words stir up anger. [Proverbs 15:1]
- Let not the sun go down upon your wrath. [Ephesians 4:26]
- He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.
- My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. [James 1:19-20]
- The discretion of a man deferreth his anger; and it is his glory to pass over a transgression. [Proverbs 19:11]
- It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and angry woman. [Proverbs 21:19]