The broad general rule is that a man is about as big as the things that make him angry.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The size of a man is measured by the size of the thing that makes him angry.
- No one can make us angry. People can say and do things to us but it is still up to us as individuals to do what we want with our emotions in response to those things.
- Whenever you get red in the face, whenever you raise your voice, whenever you get hot under the collar or angry, rebellious or negative in spirit, then know that the spirit of God is leaving you and the spirit of Satan is beginning to take over.
- When you meet up with a disagreeable person, never allow yourself to be upset. Say to yourself, if a dowdy like that can stand himself all his life, surely I can stand him for a few minutes.
- Sticks and stones may break your bones when there’s anger to impart. Spiteful words can hurt your feelings but silence breaks your heart. Anger is as a stone cast into a wasp’s nest.
- Anxiety is the rust of life, destroying its brightness and weakening its power. A childlike and abiding trust in Providence is its best preventive and remedy.