The suspense is terrible, I hope it will last.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Do you really think, Arthur, that it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations that it requires strength, strength and courage, to yield to.
- There is something terribly morbid in the modern sympathy with pain. One should sympathize with the color, the beauty, the joy of life. The less said about life’s sores the better.
- It is only by not paying one’s bills that one can hope to live in the memory of the commercial classes.
- Suspense is worst than disappointment.
- Youth! There is nothing like youth. The middle-aged are mortgaged to Life. The old are in Life’s lumber-room. But youth is the Lord of Life. Youth has a kingdom waiting for it. Every one is born a king, and most people die in exile.
- In America the young are always ready to give to those who are older than themselves the full benefits of their inexperience.