When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Work is either fun or drudgery. It depends on your attitude. I like fun.
- A doctor can bury his mistakes, but an architect can only advise his clients to plant vines.
- The physician can bury his mistakes, but the architect can only advise his clients to plant vines.
- Believe me, that was a happy age, before the days of architects, before the days of builders.
- True, there are architects so called in this country, and I have heard of one at least possessed with the idea of making architectural ornaments have a core of truth, a necessity, and hence a beauty, as if it were a revelation to him. All very well perhaps from his point of view, but only a little better than the common dilettantism.
- An architect should live as little in cities as a painter. Send him to our hills, and let him study there what nature understands by a buttress, and what by a dome.