I dislike arguments of any kind. They are always vulgar, and often convincing.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I dislike modern memoirs. They are generally written by people who have either entirely lost their memories, or have never done anything worth remembering.
- I like to do all the talking myself. It saves time, and prevents arguments.
- There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating –people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.
- The modern sympathy with invalids is morbid. Illness of any kind is hardly a thing to be encouraged in others.
- On an occasion of this kind it becomes more than a moral duty to speak one’s mind. It becomes a pleasure.
- There are three kinds of despots. There is the despot who tyrannizes over the body. There is the despot who tyrannizes over the soul. There is the despot who tyrannizes over the soul and body alike. The first is called the Prince. The second is called the Pope. The third is called the People.