Bad art is a great deal worse than no art at all.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Bad artists always admire each other’s work. They call it being large-minded and free from prejudice. But a truly great artist cannot conceive of life being shown, or beauty fashioned, under any conditions other than those he has selected.
- In a very ugly and sensible age, the arts borrow, not from life, but from each other.
- All art is quite useless.
- Art, like Nature, has her monsters, things of bestial shape and with hideous voices.
- No great artist ever sees things as they really are, if he did he would cease to be an artist.
- A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal.