Your audience gives you everything you need. They tell you. There is no director who can direct you like an audience.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Let the world know you as you are, not as you think you should be, because sooner or later, if you are posing, you will forget the pose, and then where are you?
- Being a funny person does an awful lot of things to you. You feel that you mustn’t get serious with people. They don’t expect it from you, and they don’t want to see it. You’re not entitled to be serious, you’re a clown, and they only want you to make them laugh.
- Men always fall for frigid women because they put on the best show.
- The audience is the most revered member of the theater. Without an audience there is no theater. Every technique learned by the actor, every curtain, every flat on the stage, every careful analysis by the director, every coordinated scene, is for the enjoyment of the audience. They are our guests, our evaluators, and the last spoke in the wheel which can then begin to roll. They make the performance meaningful.
- Discourse on virtue and they pass by in droves, whistle and dance the shimmy, and you’ve got an audience.
- To have great poets, there must be great audiences too.