He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Don’t trust the person who has broken faith once.
- There is always a period when a man with a beard shaves it off. This period does not last. He returns headlong to his beard.
- A man loves the meat in his youth that he cannot endure in his age.
- A beard signifies lice, not brains.
- In England and America a beard usually means that its owner would rather be considered venerable than virile; on the continent of Europe it often means that its owner makes a special claim to virility.
- Though I look old, yet I am strong and lusty; for in my youth I never did apply hot and rebellious liquors in my blood; and did not, with unbashful forehead, woo the means of weakness and debility: therefore my age is as a lusty winter, frosty but kindly.