Behavior is the mirror in which everyone shows their image
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The world is for thousands a freak show; the images flicker past and vanish; the impressions remain flat and unconnected in the soul. Thus they are easily led by the opinions of others, are content to let their impressions be shuffled and rearranged and evaluated differently.
- There is a courtesy of the heart; it is allied to love. From its springs the purest courtesy in the outward behavior.
- Taste is only to be educated by contemplation, not of the tolerably good but of the truly excellent. I therefore show you only the best works; and when you are grounded in these, you will have a standard for the rest, which you will know how to value, without overrating them.
- Nothing shows a man’s character more than what he laughs at.
- Where is the man who has the strength to be true, and to show himself as he is?
- Men show their character in nothing more clearly than what they think laughable.