Oh how sweet it is to hear one’s own convictions from another’s lips.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- He is dead in this world who has no belief in another.
- We are so constituted that we believe the most incredible things; and, once they are engraved upon the memory, woe to him who would endeavor to erase them.
- If you must tell me your opinions, tell me what you believe in. I have plenty of doubts of my own.
- The phrases that men hear or repeat continually, end by becoming convictions and ossify the organs of intelligence.
- No two men see the world exactly alike, and different temperaments will apply in different ways a principle that they both acknowledge. The same man will, indeed, often see and judge the same things differently on different occasions: early convictions must give way to more mature ones. Nevertheless, may not the opinions that a man holds and expresses withstand all trials, if he only remains true to himself and others?
- I will listen to anyone’s convictions, but pray keep your doubts to yourself.