Biography is a very definite region bounded on the north by history, on the south by fiction, on the east by obituary, and on the west by tedium.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- History repeats itself. Historians repeat each other.
- I had always imagined that Clich? was a suburb of Paris, until I discovered it to be a street in Oxford.
- News is that which comes from the North, East, West and South, and if it comes from only one point on the compass, then it is a class ; publication and not news.
- Send danger from the east unto the west, so honor cross it from the north to south.
- In writing biography, fact and fiction shouldn’t be mixed. And if they are, the fictional points should be printed in red ink, the facts printed in black ink.
- All good biography, as all good fiction, comes down to the study of original sin, of our inherent disposition to choose death when we ought to choose life.