Man is the only animal that blushes — or needs to.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The man that blushes is not quite a brute.
- As blushing will sometimes make a whore pass for a virtuous woman, so modesty may make a fool seem a man of sense.
- When a girl ceases to blush, she has lost the most powerful charm of her beauty.
- I don’t give a damn for man that can spell a word only one way.
- A man never reaches that dizzy height of wisdom that he can no longer be lead by the nose.
- The true charm of pedestrianism does not lie in the walking, or in the scenery, but in the talking. The walking is good to time the movement of the tongue by, and to keep the blood and the brain stirred up and active; the scenery and the woodsy smells are good to bear in upon a man an unconscious and unobtrusive charm and solace to eye and soul and sense; but the supreme pleasure comes from the talk.