Man is the only animal that blushes — or needs to.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- As blushing will sometimes make a whore pass for a virtuous woman, so modesty may make a fool seem a man of sense.
- The man that blushes is not quite a brute.
- When a girl ceases to blush, she has lost the most powerful charm of her beauty.
- A man can seldom — very, very, seldom — fight a winning fight against his training; the odds are too heavy.
- A man never reaches that dizzy height of wisdom that he can no longer be lead by the nose.
- I have not a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeeming vices.