The function of muscle is to pull and not to push, except in the case of the genitals and the tongue.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Learning never exhausts the mind.
- To correct the evils, great and small, which spring from want of sympathy and from positive enmity among strangers, as nations or as individuals, is one of the highest functions of civilization.
- Speak the speech, I pray you, as I pronounced it to you — tripping on the tongue; but if you mouth it, as many of your players do, I had as Leif the town-crier spoke my lines. Nor do not saw the air too much with your hand, thus, but use all gently; for in the very torrent, tempest, and as I may say, the whirlwind of your passion, you must acquire and beget a temperance that may give it smoothness.
- I go for two kinds of men. The kind with muscles, and the kind without.
- There are few cases in which mere popularity should be considered a proper test of merit; but the case of song-writing is, I think, one of the few.
- Cats are smarter than dogs. You can not get eight cats to pull a sled through snow.