Most important for us is a good spiritual relationship between employees and management.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Most bosses know instinctively that their power depends more on employee’s compliance than on threats or sanctions.
- The boss must first distinguish between action information and status information. He must discipline himself not to act on problems his managers can solve, and never to act on problems when he is explicitly reviewing status. I once knew a boss who invariably picked up the phone to give orders before the end of the first paragraph in a status report. That response is guaranteed to squelch full disclosure.
- It is your people who make the ultimate difference. You put the investment into training the people and then, when you get invited to the party with the big boys, that is a unique selling point.
- Being the boss anywhere is lonely. Being a female boss in a world of mostly men is especially so.
- If you think your boss is stupid, remember: you wouldn’t have a job if he was any smarter.
- By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may eventually get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.