I would be a billionaire if I was looking to be a selfish boss. That’s not me.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The person who knows HOW will always have a job. The person who knows WHY will always be his boss.
- If you think your boss is stupid, remember: you wouldn’t have a job if he was any smarter.
- By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may eventually get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.
- Being the boss anywhere is lonely. Being a female boss in a world of mostly men is especially so.
- The boss must first distinguish between action information and status information. He must discipline himself not to act on problems his managers can solve, and never to act on problems when he is explicitly reviewing status. I once knew a boss who invariably picked up the phone to give orders before the end of the first paragraph in a status report. That response is guaranteed to squelch full disclosure.
- Most bosses know instinctively that their power depends more on employee’s compliance than on threats or sanctions.