There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy’s life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Auto Draft
- There are two times in a man’s life when he should not speculate: when he can’t afford it, and when he can.
- The Pause; that impressive silence, that eloquent silence, that geometrically progressive silence which often achieves a desired effect where no combination of words, however so felicitous, could accomplish it.
- To arrive at a just estimate of a renowned man’s character one must judge it by the standards of his time, not ours.
- There is nothing you can say in answer to a compliment. I have been complimented myself a great many times, and they always embarrass me –I always feel that they have not said enough.
- Evolution is the law of policies: Darwin said it, Socrates endorsed it, Cuvier proved it and established it for all time in his paper on The Survival of the Fittest. These are illustrious names, this is a mighty doctrine: nothing can ever remove it from its firm base, nothing dissolve it, but evolution.