So much for industry, my friends, and attention to one’s own business; but to these we must add frugality if we would make our industry more certainly successful. A man may, if he knows not how to save as he gets, keep his nose all his life to the grindstone, and die not worth a grout at last.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- If you can’t pay for a thing, don’t buy it. If you can’t get paid for it, don’t sell it. Do this, and you will have calm and drowsy nights, with all of the good business you have now and none of the bad. If you have time, don’t wait for time.
- Drive your business, let not you’re business drive you.
- Waste neither time nor money, but make the best use of both. Without industry and frugality, nothing will do, and with them everything.
- Industry, perseverance, and frugality make fortune yield.
- Be studious in your profession, and you will be learned. Be industrious and frugal, and you will be rich. Be sober and temperate, and you will be healthy. Be in general virtuous, and you will be happy. At least you will, by such conduct, stand the best chance for such consequences.
- The way to wealth depends on just two words, industry and frugality.