Give wind and tide a chance to change.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Few men during their lifetime comes anywhere near exhausting the resources dwelling within them. There are deep wells of strength that are never used.
- To act and act wisely when the time for action comes, to wait and wait patiently when it is time for repose, put man in accord with the rising and falling tides (of affairs), so that with nature and law at his back, and truth and beneficence as his beacon light, he may accomplish wonders. Ignorance of this law results in periods of unreasoning enthusiasm on the one hand, and depression on the other. Man thus becomes the victim of the tides when he should be their Master.
- The wind of change is blowing through the continent. Whether we like it or not, this growth of national consciousness is a political fact.
- Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.
- I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
- Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you’ll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others.