People wish to be settled. It is only as far as they are unsettled that there is any hope for them.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- We rail at trade, but the historian of the world will see that it was the principle of liberty; that it settled America, and destroyed feudalism, and made peace and keeps peace; that it will abolish slavery.
- If there is any period one would desire to be born in, is it not the age of Revolution; when the old and the new stand side by side, and admit of being compared; when the energies of all men are searched by fear and by hope; when the historic glories of the old can be compensated by the rich possibilities of the new era?
- Do that which is assigned to you and you cannot hope too much or dare too much.
- Imagination is not a talent of some people but is the health of everyone.
- Stay at home in your mind. Don’t recite other people’s opinions. I hate quotations. Tell me what you know.
- Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.