Life belongs to the living, and he who lives must be prepared for changes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- What I possess I would gladly retain. Change amuses the mind, yet scarcely profits.
- There are nine requisites for contented living: HEALTH enough to make work a pleasure; WEALTH enough to support your needs; STRENGTH enough to battle with difficulties and forsake them; GRACE enough to confess your sins and overcome them; PATIENCE enough to toil until some good is accomplished; CHARITY enough to see some good in your neighbor; LOVE enough to move you to be useful and helpful to others; FAITH enough to make real the things of God; HOPE enough to remove all anxious fears concerning the future.
- What life half gives a man, posterity gives entirely.
- Rest not. Life is sweeping by; go and dare before you die. Something mighty and sublime, leave behind to conquer time.
- People of uncommon abilities generally fall into eccentricities when their sphere of life is not adequate to their abilities.
- Some of our weakness is born in us, some of it comes through education; it is a big question as to which gives us the most trouble.