Life belongs to the living, and he who lives must be prepared for changes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Human beings, by change, renew, rejuvenate ourselves; otherwise we harden.
- What I possess I would gladly retain. Change amuses the mind, yet scarcely profits.
- Everybody wants to be somebody; nobody wants to grow.
- There are nine requisites for contented living: HEALTH enough to make work a pleasure; WEALTH enough to support your needs; STRENGTH enough to battle with difficulties and forsake them; GRACE enough to confess your sins and overcome them; PATIENCE enough to toil until some good is accomplished; CHARITY enough to see some good in your neighbor; LOVE enough to move you to be useful and helpful to others; FAITH enough to make real the things of God; HOPE enough to remove all anxious fears concerning the future.
- Rejoice that you have still have a long time to live, before the thought comes to you that there is nothing more in the world to see.
- Those are dead even for this life who hope for no other.