Change hurts. It makes people insecure, confused, and angry. People want things to be the same as they’ve always been, because that makes life easier. But, if you’re a leader, you can’t let your people hang on to the past.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- If you train people properly, they won’t be able to tell a drill from the real thing. If anything, the real thing will be easier.
- We all knew there was just one way to improve our odds for survival: train, train, train. Sometimes, if your training is properly intense it will kill you. More often — much, much more often — it will save your life.
- Pain was their body’s way of telling them that they’d pushed themselves to their limits — which was exactly where they were supposed to be.
- Popularity is not leadership.
- Any time you sincerely want to make a change, the first thing you must do is to raise your standards. When people ask me what really changed my life eight years ago, I tell them that absolutely the most important thin was changing what I demanded of myself. I wrote down all the things I would no longer accept in my life, all the things I would no longer tolerate, and all the things that I aspired to becoming.
- People can cry much easier than they can change.